At Stone Ridge Pediatric Dentistry, we are proud to use the WaterLase iPlus® laser from BioLase in Stone Ridge, Virginia! The iPlus laser is minimally invasive and is gentle when it is used on both soft and hard tissues in the mouth, providing a more comfortable experience for our patients, all with faster healing and 98% less aerosols than traditional methods!
To learn more about the iPlus and laser dentistry, or to make your appointment with Dr. Patricia A. Wood, call a member of our team today at 703-691-5111!
Laser dentistry involves the use of lasers to complete dental treatments more comfortably, quickly and effectively. At our dental practice, we are dedicated to always providing you with the best possible dental care. Our pediatric dentist and team continuously update their education and our office to provide you with a more pleasant and efficient dental visit. We are proud to offer laser dental treatment to ensure that your dental experience is comfortable and positive.
Lasers can be used for a number of dental treatments. During your visit, our pediatric dentist may recommend laser dentistry to:
- Treat periodontal disease by removing bacteria and infected tissue
- Remove the decayed or damaged portion of a tooth
- Treat cold sores and canker sores
- Infant frenectomies
- Children frenectomies
- Recontour the gumline
Benefits of In-Office Water Laser
- No local anesthesia needed.
- Water cools deep surrounding tissue, controlling heat damage to minimize swelling.
- Bactericidal properties of laser reduce chance of infection.
- Faster healing (starts healing by initiating biological pathways).
These are just some of the benefits of laser dentistry. Many treatments completed with a dental laser are very comfortable, and because they are very precise, we are able to treat the targeted area without affecting nearby healthy tissues. To learn more about the advantages of laser dentistry, we invite you to call or visit us today.